Premium Midsize Pickup Truck
The 2016 GMC Canyon offers versatility and easier steering and control than is capable with larger trucks. Not only do you have more power and control, the GMC Canyon also offers luxury amenities with its quiet cabin, comfortable seating, advanced safety features, and premium design and engineering to give you a smooth, relaxing drive.
What comes standard in the 2016 GMC Canyon?
This GMC truck comes standard with electric power seating for maximum comfort and effortless seating adjustments, a 4G Wi-Fi hotspot to stay connected to all your devices, a chrome cornerstep rear bumper for easy step-up access to the bed of the truck, Duralife TM brake rotors for extended life and strong braking capabilities, halogen projector-beam headlamps and LED signature lighting for stronger visibility, a rear vision camera for easy maneuvering and parking, and Autotrac transfer case for push-button technology in all 4WD Canyon models.
Other Standard features on the New GMC Canyon Include:
- 2.5L I-4 engine with Direct Injection (except Crew Cab Long Box model)
- 6-speed automatic transmission (except 2WD extended cab base trim and SL trims)
- StabiliTrak® Stability Control
- 16" Ultra Silver Metallic cast-aluminum wheels
- 4.2" diagonal color display, AM/FM stereo with USB port3 and auxiliary jack
What is available in the 2016 GMC Canyon?
The new GMC Canyon was built standard to the highest quality, but for some added technology and convenience, there are additional, advanced features you can add to your new Canyon. These include:
- Lane Departure Warning and Forward Collision Alert
This technological advanced safety feature uses cameras to watch your blind spots and other areas unseen. This available feature alerts you when you may be approaching another vehicle too quickly or when you're leaving your driving lane.
- EZ-Lift and Lower Tailgate
Lower your tailgate with ease. Simply unlatch the GMC Canyon's tailgate, move your hand away, and the tailgate lowers itself to the full open position.
- IntelliLink with 8-inch-diagonal Color Touch Screen
The available 8-inch-diagonal color touch screen includes radio with IntelliLink technology you can use to customize your favorite music and connect your phone for hands-free ease of use.
What's new for the 2016 GMC Canyon?
The new 2016 Canyon adds the first Duramax diesel engine in a midsize pickup. Boasting 31 MPG HWY, The GMC Canyon has the best fuel economy available in a pickup.
Duramax Features and Specs:
- 181 Horsepower at 3400 RPM
- 369 lb-ft of Torque at 2000 RPM
- Segment-First Exhaust Brake
This feature uses engine compression to slow the Canyon down. This allows this pickup truck to reduce the amount of conventional braking needed while driving downhill.
- Trailer Brake Controller
- B20 Biodiesel Capable
- 6-Speed Automatic Transmission
2016 GMC Canyon Exterior and Interior Features
The new Canyon not only leaves a bold, lasting impression of style, but it was also designed to the highest standard of efficiency and maneuverability.
Notable Exterior and Interior Features in the New Canyon:
- The new GMC Canyon features the largest cargo box by volume in a midsized pickup
- The 2016 Canyon has available upper tie-downs and other accessories to help you manage cargo of all sizes in 13 different locations
- The GMC Canyon has available spray-on bed liner for added protection to your pickup truck
- 2016 Canyon was engineered with triple door seals, body mounts, and sound deadeners to deliver a quiet, comfortable cabin for every drive
- The new Canyon offers a large center console for quick access and up to 4 USB ports and a 12V charging outlet
- New 2016 GMC Canyon features stunning chrome features including chrome grille surround, mirror caps, and door handles on the SLT trim models
2016 GMC Canyon Packages
The new 2016 GMC Canyon has two available packages to enhance your driving experience, Nightfall and All-Terrain. Customize your new Canyon with these available packages for additional off-roading capabilities or for a stylish, monochromatic design.
Nightfall PackageThe Nightfall Package is available on SLE crew cab Canyon models. The Canyon Nightfall Edition offers your black Canyon a dramatic monochromatic style for a stunning first impression.
This package includes:
- Sleek, Black Colored Grille
- 5" Assist Steps
- 18" Aluminum Wheels with Polished Argent Inserts
- Spray-On Bedliner
- Remote Start
- Automatic HVAC
- Polished Exhaust Tip
All Terrain PackageThe Terrain Package is available on the SLE trim on Canyon models with the Convenience Package. The Terrain Package is notable for its capabilities when you take your adventure off the road, but that does not mean it compromises style. It features a unique carbon-fiber-inspired trim with red stitching.
This package includes:
- Z71® Off-Road Suspension Package
- 17" Dark Argent Metallic Cast-Aluminum Wheels
- Automatic Locking Rear Differential on 2WD Models
- Hill Descent Control
2016 GMC Canyon Protection Warranty
Pro-grade protection comes standard on every 2016 GMC Canyon. The GMC Pro Grade Protection offers true protection with warranty services including:
- Two Maintenance Visits*
- 3-Year/36,000-Mile Bumper-To- Bumper Limited Warranty*
- 5-Year/60,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty*
- 5-Year/60,000-Mile Roadside Assistance & Courtesy Transportation*
- 6-Month Trial OnStar*
*Maintenance visits must occur within two years or 24,000 miles of vehicle delivery, whichever comes first. Does not include air filters. See participating dealer for other restrictions and complete details. Warranties are whichever comes first - year or miles. See dealer for limited-warranty detail.